Junior Bruins posted 1/15/2018
Greater Boston Junior Bruins
NOTE: This page serves as a guide only and member should check with the USA Hockey website regularly for updates.
Steps to Become a USA Hockey Coach
USA Hockey and the Coaching Education Program require both certification and registration to be eligible to coach. Registration is done online on a yearly basis. Certification is also required. A few basic steps requirements are as follows:
USA Hockey Requirements (Must be completed before participating in any team activities)
· Register as a member of USA Hockey. Click here for more information.
· Complete the background screening (found on Greater Boston Junior Bruins website).
· Complete the USA Hockey Safe Sport Training (required every 2 years). Click here for more information.
Coaching Education Program Requirements (Must be completed before participating in team activities)
· Complete the online age-specific module(s) for the age level of play you are coaching. Click here for the modules.
Coaching Education Program Requirements (Must be completed by Dec. 31)
· Find, register and attend the required certification clinic. You can only attend one clinic per season and all coaches start at Level 1. (The coaching clinic season for Levels 1-3 officially runs from September 1 to December 31). Click here to find a clinic.